"I Thought He Was Going For A Weapon"
"He Resisted arrest"
"He Tried To Grab My Gun"
Returning to the conversation that sparked this post, she said that we just don't know all of the facts... Here's the facts:
- None of these involve the decision to use non-lethal force (i.e. Taser, Pepper Spray, etc.)
- Most of these men were accused of crimes or actions that they were never proven to have been committed
- Media & Police agencies quickly sought to look into the deceased person's past, seeking to criminalize the dead (translation: Justify the Officer's Actions)
- A box of cheap cigars is not a crime that qualifies one for Capital Punishment
- Even IF Mike Brown somehow was able to reach in & grab Darren Wilson's gun, he was still FAR away from the officer when he was shot six times & left in the street for four hours.
- There are an insane number of videos, on YouTube, of White Men Aggressively Assaulting Police Officers. Those men are still alive today.